DETAILED INFO REGARDING THANKSGIVING CLASSIC
Dear AJCA Members,
Thanksgiving Classic is just a little more than a week away! We are excited about seeing all of you in Little Rock on Friday, November 27th.
Here are some things you need to know regarding the Thanksgiving Classic:
- Headquarters hotel – Hampton Inn on Shackleford 501.537.3000. Please support AJCA by staying at this hotel. Ask for AJCA room rate of $84 per night.
- Cattle may arrive beginning at 8:00 am on Friday.
- Enter fairgrounds at Gate #11 off Schiller Street
- We will stall cattle in Barn #4. Space will be limited therefore; please don’t take extra stalls for seating and tack. Use feeding isle.
- You will need to bring your own bedding. No bedding will be available on site to purchase.
- Trailers may be parked on the midway below Barns #3 & #4 or in the lot south of the Equestrian Center.
- Gates will be locked at midnight on Friday and will not re-open until 5:00 am on Saturday morning.
- We will check in cattle, accept entry fees, hand out t-shirts to exhibitors and receive membership payments in the breeze way located between Barns #3 & #4 on Friday beginning at 2:00 pm (possibly earlier – listen to announcements). All cattle must be entered and checked in by 9:00 pm Friday evening.
- Showmanship & show will take place at Equestrian Center.
- Tyler Dewey is the Thanksgiving Classic judge.
- Arkansas Jr. Hereford Association will provide concession stand.
- Amigos Show Supply will be on hand with show supplies.
- Tie-outs will be available.
- Willow Springs Cattle Company is our show shirt sponsor. They are long sleeved t-shirts. Shirts are a charcoal color. Exhibitors are expected to wear their show t-shirt during the show on Saturday.
- T-shirts will be available for purchase for $20 each beginning Saturday.
- Showmanship will be on Friday beginning at 4:00 pm. The order will be PeeWee, Junior and Senior. This is a no fit contest (blow & go).
- Cassie Godwin is our show photographer. All champions, reserve champions and showmanship winners are required to have photos made by Cassie. All others are welcomed to be photographed by Cassie, too!
- AJCA will host its annual meeting and officer elections on Friday evening at 7:00 pm in the Arkansas Building at the Arkansas State Fairgrounds. Key items of business will be a bylaw change (posted on AJCA website) & election of the following officers: president-elect, secretary, treasurer, vice presidents for areas 1,3,5,7, & 9.
- Please bring Silent Auction items to the Equestrian Center beginning at 9:00 am on Saturday.
- The show will begin promptly at 10:00 am on Saturday with prospect steers, bulls, commercial heifers and then registered heifers. We will show alphabetically beginning with AOB.
- Remember, this is a prospect steer show. Steers should weigh no more than 900 pounds.
- Please bring items for the AJCA Silent Auction! This serves as a major fundraiser for our scholarship and award funds. Also, come prepared to bid!
- If issues arrive with travel, check-in, stalling or general questions, please call Michelle Rieff at 479.936.1685.
- Please help us out by picking up after yourselves while at the Arkansas State Fairgrounds.
Thank you for participating in the 2015 AJCA Thanksgiving Classic. You are important and vital to our organization! YOU MATTER!
AJCA State Director
New Member Guideline
At the August AJCA Board meeting the following new procedure regarding sanctioned show points was voted into place:
After AJCA show point files are posted to the AJCA website, members have seven business days to dispute the report. At the end of seven business days, the points for that reporting period become final. Emails will be sent to members notifying them that a new point file has been posted. Members who find an error must follow this procedure
A. Contact the AJCA Point’s Administrator to report a possible discrepancy.
B. Contact the particular show manager to resolve the discrepancy.
C. Show management will contact the AJCA Point’s Administrator of any corrections.
D. It is strongly suggested that the member follow up with the Point’s Administrator to assure the matter has been resolved.
Congratulations to Kylee Sigmon
She was selected to the National Beef Ambassador Team!
It is now time to renew AJCA dues for the 2015-2016 show year! Pay now and save $5!
The AJCA Board of directors is happy to announce the location of the 2015 Thanksgiving Classic. AJCA friends and family will gather in Little Rock at the Arkansas State Fairgrounds Thanksgiving weekend to kick off the 2015-2016 show season with a double point show and AJCA’s Annual Meeting. Take advantage of the discounted fees for early entries. We look forward to seeing you in November!
The AJCA Board of Directors is proposing changes to the existing bylaws. Those changes are in bold print and underlined. Deletions are crossed out. These proposed changes will be voted on at the AJCA Annual Meeting November 27th in Little Rock.
Receive AJCA Text Messages!
Send the following message to this number and
receive AJCA updates via text!
We don’t always have instant access to email. But all of us usually have instant access to text messaging!
BEEF IQ – In-depth Study for Beef Producers
user name: beefiqguest